Tourism Minister Charles Fernandez has praised the overwhelmingly positive response from delegates attending the Caribbean Travel Marketplace in Antigua and Barbuda, as the country hosts the prestigious regional event for the second consecutive year.
According to Antigua.news, Fernandez toured the trade show floor at the American University of Antigua Conference Centre on Wednesday alongside Junior Tourism Minister Michael Freeland, engaging directly with tourism stakeholders, buyers and sellers from across the Caribbean.
"So far the reports and feedback we've received from all the stakeholders, buyers and sellers have been very, very positive," Fernandez said.
The minister said Antigua and Barbuda was proud to once again serve as host nation for one of the Caribbean's premier tourism business events, which brings together hundreds of tourism interests at a time when the region continues to navigate global economic and geopolitical uncertainty.
Fernandez highlighted the event's value as a platform for networking, collaboration and business development, while also providing Antigua and Barbuda with additional international exposure on a regional stage.
Regional tourism officials attending the conference have also commended Antigua and Barbuda for successfully staging the event in back-to-back years, describing the country as one of the Caribbean's leading tourism hubs.